Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Uncooperative Equipment

To say that my camera equipment was uncooperative on the warmest Sunday in months would be a bit of an understatement. As I met Mickey and Lacey Bennett, and their beautiful daughter Halle Easter afternoon, the batteries that I had fully charged the day before had completely depleted. I drove home to get another set of batteries, and returned ready to begin the shoot. Though my camera would now turn on, my shutter would not close, thus preventing me from capturing a single shot. I drove home again to retrieve my back up camera (which I normally bring to every shoot), and returned, this time with all pieces in working order. This beautiful family was so understanding, and continued to keep smiling (all but Halle, who decided quickly she was not in the mood). We shot for approximately 45 minutes trying everything in our power to get this little girl to smile. She refused. Talk of SpongeBob, bubble gum, horses, and lip gloss--all to no avail. Though she wouldn't smile, her piercing eyes were so evident in every photo, and the love her parents showed for each other and for her showed through in nearly every image. I am happy to have had the opportunity to capture this wonderful family, and hope that this isn't my last. Let me know what you think.










No comments:

Post a Comment